GOLDSMITH, Alfred Joseph
The Burnett and Kennedy Bridges, Bundaberg, Queensland.
[Excerpt from the Minutes of proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, London, vol. 153, session 1902-1903, pt. 3]. London : Institution of Civil Engineers, 1903. Octavo, original printed grey wrappers, (spine sunned, some light marks), 15 pp, foldout engineering plans; a good copy.
The first Kennedy Bridge was completed in 1878. It was a wooden construction which spanned Saltwater Creek and connected Bundaberg with Woongarra. It was replaced in 1899 with a second bridge, made of steel, which still stands today. This second bridge was built at the same time as the Burnett traffic bridge, which was opened in 1900.